Keeping a clean commercial kitchen is essential for the health and safety of both kitchen staff and the patrons eating at the restaurant. Though the countertops, ovens and ranges might be spotless, it’s easy to overlook the cleanliness of spaces that are out of sight—like the exhaust hood. Fats, oils and grease (FOGs) build up over time under the hood and create a myriad of problems for kitchens everywhere. Keep reading to learn more about the importance of regular hood cleaning services in Los Angeles, CA:
- Fires: A kitchen fire is the biggest danger of a dirty exhaust hood. As debris builds up under the hood, the exhaust system can’t do its job, leading to a higher risk of fire. On top of regularly cleaning the hood, installing one of our fire suppression systems is a fantastic way to eliminate the chance your kitchen suffers a fire this year.
- Bad air quality: If the exhaust hood can’t do its job of getting rid of smoke from the stove, your commercial kitchen is bound to have poor air quality. A kitchen with dirty, smoky air can lead to some productivity issues and will certainly get complaints from the cooks in the kitchen. Ensure your exhaust hood is clean and functioning to the best of its ability to promote clean air.
- Health code violations: If you think health inspectors will neglect to check the cleanliness of your exhaust hood, think again! Your next health code inspection will definitely include a hood check, and you’d better hope it’s spotless. The last thing you want is to receive a poor rating from the health inspector, as that’s hard to get off your record.
- Loss of insurance coverage: If your exhaust hood is found to be dirty during a health code inspection, you could be at risk of losing your insurance. An insurance provider is less likely to cover a restaurant that’s prone to fires. Even if you don’t lose total coverage, you can at least expect to pay a higher premium each month.
Why choose US Fire Protection for hood cleaning?
You could clean your own hood, but that’s not the best idea. Here’s why you should always hire the crew at US Fire Protection for kitchen hood cleaning in Los Angeles, CA:
- Save time and energy: There are plenty of other kitchen tasks that your staff can handle besides cleaning the exhaust hood. Instead of wasting their time and energy, bring in our pros to tackle this job.
- Thorough cleaning: You can’t take the chance that one of your kitchen staff members skimps on the hood cleaning job. When you choose our team, you can rest easy knowing your exhaust hood will be spotless by the time we’re done.
- Inspection services: On top of cleaning your exhaust hood, our professionals will perform an inspection to ensure everything is up to code. If anything is amiss, we’ll catch it before the health inspector can!
If it’s been a while since you’ve scheduled kitchen hood cleaning in Los Angeles, CA, pick up the phone and call US Fire Protection today. Our rates are affordable and all of our services are satisfaction guaranteed.
Categorised in: Fire Protection