These days, constructing and maintaining a “green” building is vital for those who want to be socially responsible, and for anyone looking to get some monetary incentives from the government. One of the often-overlooked ways to be sustainable is to install a fire safety system. Keep reading to learn more about how fire safety impacts sustainability in Los Angeles, CA:
- Prevent property damage: A nasty fire can raze a building, meaning that there will need to be new construction to return the structure to its original form. If there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s that new construction is certainly not environmentally friendly when restoring an existing structure is possible. The best way to prevent the need for new construction is to install a fire safety system that will extinguish a flame before it can cause devastating damage.
- Lower water usage: It’s no surprise that we need to be mindful of how much water we use every day. Though a fire department using water to extinguish a flame certainly isn’t a waste of water, there’s a simple way to cut back on its usage. One of our waterless fire suppression systems drastically reduces the amount of water a fire department has to use to fight a fire, because the flame won’t be very big once the department arrives on the scene.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions: Regardless of the size, a building fire emits countless amounts of dangerous greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Not only do these gases hurt the environment, but they can also be dangerous to inhale. A fire safety system prevents these gases from getting into the atmosphere by snuffing the fire out from the start. Give US Fire Protection a call to learn more about how one of our systems can help improve fire safety and encourage sustainability in Los Angeles, CA.
Is your fire safety system keeping you safe?
Simply having a fire safety system installed in your building isn’t enough to prevent fires. Follow these steps to ensure your building is both safe and sustainable:
- Schedule an inspection: All fire safety systems in Los Angeles, CA require biannual safety inspections to ensure they’re fully functional and able to combat a fire. Give us a call right away to have your system inspected by one of our experts.
- Upgrade your fire safety system: If your system is out of date or lacking in certain areas, the only logical option is to upgrade it. Even a minor upgrade or addition to your system can protect lives and prevent costly property damage.
- Add extinguishers: Along with installing a world-class fire safety system, we recommend purchasing fire extinguishers for use throughout your building. Handheld extinguishers help put down small fires before a fire safety system activates. Talk to us today about which of our fire extinguishers may be right for your business.
Whether you need to install new fire safety systems in Los Angeles, CA or have your current one inspected, be sure to call the team at US Fire Protection. Get in touch with us today to find out what we can do for you and your business.
Categorised in: Fire Protection